Why You Should Never Wear Yoga Pants On A Plane
I don’t know about you, but I personally dress for comfort whenever I plan on flying.
From my track pants to my active wear yoga pants, I don’t really care how I look, I just want to be comfortable for the X number of hours I have to sit in such a refined space.
But that could soon change. Aviation expert Christine Negroni is claiming that wearing yoga pants on a plane is extremely dangerous.
While it’s highly unlikely for your plane to crash (fingers crossed), she says that if there is a fire on board a plane, the artificial fibers in yoga pants are more likely to burn and stick to your skin.
She suggests wearing cotton clothing or anything made from natural fibers instead.
Some of her other tips to increase your chances of survival if your plane was to crash were also very surprising and included:
- Being wary of cheap airlines – Avoid airlines from countries that are lightly regulated as they are not likely to be well-funded and may included cheap fuel, mechanics and staff, and you know what they say, you get what you pay for.
- Listen to the safety briefing – For obvious reasons.
- Take your sleeping tablet strategically – I.e. After the seatbelt signs are off.
- Wear your shoes during landing – It is the most riskiest time of the flight, so if you do need to escape the plane you should have shoes on to avoid a hot floor or a floor covered in oil or any other dangerous liquids.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol – It could impair your judgment in an emergency situation.
Source: The Sun