Davidson Father Installed Poison-Dispensing System
Police have confirmed gas bottles were found inside the Sydney home where two parents, their autistic children and pet dog were found dead yesterday.
Neighbours revealed seeing the father, Fernando Manrique, working on the roof with power tools just days before the tragic deaths. It's believed he installed an elaborate system to spray gas throughout the house.
Police released a statement confirming the family had died from 'the introduction of an air-borne gas' but stated the cause of death will be a matter for the Coroner to determine.
Police discovered Mr Manrique, his wife Maria Lutz and their children Elisa, 11, and Martin, 10, deceased inside their Davidson home, after Ms Lutz failed to turn up for canteen duty.
Ms Lutz body was found alongside one of her children. Her husband was in a different room, as was the second child.
According to The Daily Telegraph, numerous gas bottles were discovered scattered around the home.
'There was a lot of pre-planning that went into this', a police source told the publication.
Investigators are now trying to determine where the gas bottles were purchased.