Golden North Ice Cream Product Recall
Golden North has initiated a voluntary recall of some of the ice cream products it produces:
- Black & Gold 5-litre Vanilla with L2 – Best Before 04 Dec 19
- Black & Gold 2-litre Chocolate Choc Chip with L2 – Best Before 08 Dec 19 and 12 Dec 19
- Country Style 5-litre Vanilla with L2 – Best Before 07 Dec 19, 13 Dec 19 and 14 Dec 19
- Country Style 5-litre Krazy Kolors with L2 – Best Before 13 Dec 19
- Foodland 4-litre Neapolitan with L2 – Best Before 12 Dec 19
- Golden North 2-litre Vanilla with L2 – Best Before 05 Dec 19 and 08 Dec 19
- Golden North 2-litre Honey with L2 – Best Before 06 Dec 19
- Simple 2-litre Vanilla with L2 – Best Before 07 Dec 19
- Simple 2-litre Neapolitan with L2 – Best Before 07 Dec 19
The recall is being conducted due to the possible presence of small metal pieces in the ice cream.
SA Health's Director of Food and Controlled Drugs, Dr Fay Jenkins, said the recall was precautionary and there had been no reports of harm or injury.
These products have been available for sale at Coles (SA and NT), Woolworths (SA and NT), Foodland (SA), Supa IGA and IGA (SA, WA, VIC, NSW and QLD), Drakes Foodmarkets (QLD), OTR (SA) and Golden North Cavan offices.
Golden North contacted authorities as soon as an issue was detected and is working quickly with retailers to immediately remove the products.
Purchasers are advised to review Best Before dates and return products to the place of purchase for a full