A teenager in China was comatosed for FIVE WHOLE DAYS after drinking too much boba tea.

Having 2 cups a day for almost 4 weeks, her sugar levels led to her hospitalisation.

The 18-year-old, now dubbed ‘Bubble Tea Girl’ recorded blood sugar levels 25 times higher than normal.

The hospital reported that the girl was in a diabetic coma caused by hyperglycaemia (ie. high blood sugar).

She reported common symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis (where your blood creates too much acid to combat the sugar) which include thirst, nausea and urinating a lot.

This has reportedly happened a few times in China, another case involved a 13-year-old boy whose body couldn’t digest the ‘pearls’ in the bubble tea!

When an x-ray was taken of his body, they found the tapioca pearls in large lumps in his intestine and he was admitted for emergency surgery!

Advertisement
Advertisement

I don’t know about you but I’m gonna think twice about drinking bubble tea from now on…