An Australian Gin manufacturer has had to URGENTLY recall a batch of their bottles as they were accidentally filled with hand sanitiser!

Apollo Bay Distillery had sold a number of bottles that were labelled gin but filled with a hand sanitiser that was not safe for human consumption!!

The company reported at least nine bottles labelled “SS Casino Gin” that were sold between 5-7th of June.

A customer reportedly commented on their Facebook page claiming to feel unwell, “Had one glass of this at lunchtime and had a really bad headache and felt nauseas…about 1 hour after and had to take nausea tablets and nurofen,” according to News.com.

The bottles were unsealed and are not toxic according to the company’s statement posted on their social media.