Warning: This story and audio references suicide and self-harm. If you are at risk, please contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or the Suicide Callback Service on 1300 659 467.
Paul has lived through a series of awful tragedies over the past two years.
In 2019, his Dad died by suicide while his Mum was hospitalised following a non-fatal attempt.
Understandably, the events of last year have had a massive impact on Paul and his outlook on life.
This year, things got worse when he was diagnosed with non-hodgkin’s lymphoma after finding lumps in his neck.
To make matters worse, Paul and his wife run a DJ business which was heavily affected by COVID-19 shutdowns. At the end of May, a fire at home completely destroyed their DJ equipment and shed.
Hear the heart-wrenching story about everything that Paul and his family have been through, plus the little surprise from Jodie & Soda here:
If this story has raised concerns for you or someone in your life, support is available.
You can contact:
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800 (all day, every day)
- Suicide Callback Service – 1300 659 467 (all day, every day)
- eHeadspace – 1800 650 890 (9am-1am daily)
- Lifeline – 13 11 14 (all day, every day. Online support 7pm-4am daily)
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636 (all day, every day. Online support 3pm-midnight every day)