South Australia has recorded zero new cases of COVID-19 in the state for the third consecutive day as the hard border with Victoria lifts and restrictions are eased across the state.

However, Dr Nicola Spurrier did use today’s daily COVID briefing to make an amendment to previous case that had gone unreported by SA’s health authorities.

Professor Spurrier said that the reporting of the case had been missed due to a change in reporting times by SA Health at the beginning of the Parafield cluster.

The positive test result was received on November 15 in an overseas traveller in hotel quarantine. It was not linked to the Parafield cluster.

The chief health officer moved to assure South Australians that the case was not missed by health authorities, it was simply not made public at the time. The person has since tested negative.

“It didn’t mean it was missed, the person has been dealt with and in fact they’ve got over COVID,” Prof Spurrier said.

There have now been 33 cases linked to the cluster, and 562 cases recorded in South Australia in total since the beginning of the pandemic.

Advertisement
Advertisement

There are currently 11 active cases across the state, with 1,100 people now in quarantine.

The news comes as Tasmania reclassifies South Australia as low-risk for travel. The change in the state’s directive will come into effect on Thursday, meaning that those entering the island state from SA will no longer need to quarantine upon arrival.

Those currently in quarantine will be free to leave on Thursday, irrespective of whether they have completed their full 14 days.

Restrictions will remain for those who have visited some hot spots in Adelaide, however.

Want more? Listen to one of our favourite moments from Erin Phillips & Soda – Tune in weekdays from 6AM on Mix102.3!