If you have trouble getting to sleep, listen up.
A secret for tackling a sleepless night has been revealed by the US military, and they reck it’ll knock you out in two minutes flat.
That’s 120 seconds.
The method, they claim, has a 96 per cent success rate.
The old trick was re-discovered recently – sending it viral.
It’s essentially two different steps.
Completely blank your mind.
OK, how the hell do you even do that.
Here’s what the method says:
– Relax the muscles in your face, including your tongue, jaw, and the muscles around your eyes
– Drop your shoulders as low as they’ll go. Then relax your upper and lower arm on one side, and then the other
– Breathe out and relax your chest
– Finally, relax your legs, first thighs and then calves
OK, so now your mind is super clear (right?) now, step two.
Picture one of the following images in your mind:
– Lying in a canoe on a calm lake, nothing but blue sky above you
– Snuggled in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room;
– Saying “don’t think, don’t think, don’t think” over and over for ten seconds.
(That last bit sounds like something out of a horror movie)
It’s also important to keep in mind that the method can take a couple of weeks’ practice to work.
If you find you’re in the 4 percent of those who this doesn’t work for, the US army says that the bottom line when it comes to getting restful sleep is doing what works for you.
“There is no magical formula other than listening to your body.”