SA Health heard our pleas and have increased Adelaide Oval’s capacity to 75 per cent just in time for the footy season.

Effective immediately, SA Health have approved the capacity increase from 50 per cent. The Oval can now hold 40,000 people from 25,000 due to a new COVID management plan.

The Oval will host their first game on March 20 against Geelong Cats and can have 37,000, plus 3,000 corporate patrons.

Port Adelaide Cheif Executive Matthew Richardson is thrilled about the news especially for the dedicated fans who missed out last year.

“We’re delighted with the announcement that Adelaide Oval will return to 75 per cent capacity for the upcoming AFL season,” he said.

“It is terrific for our members, who have been unbelievable in their support of the club through 2020.”

“This will mean that most of our members will be able to sit in their allocated reserved seat in 2021, which I know is important for them.

Advertisement
Advertisement

“This news gives our members much more clarity heading into the season, one that they should be really looking forward to with great excitement and expectation.”

A Crows spokesman said “We are fortunate to have some of the most passionate and loyal members and fans in Australian sport and we will reach out to them directly with more specific details in the lead-up to our Round 1 game at Adelaide Oval.”
Want more? Listen to one of our favourite moments from Erin Phillips & Soda – Tune in weekdays from 6AM on Mix102.3!