Today we proudly take part in Black Out Tuesday, a day in which the music industry is uniting to take a stand in response to George Floyd’s death.
We stand in solidarity with the black community, the people that work on our show, colleagues, listeners and community leaders in fighting racial injustice and inequality.
This will be a day of action committed to change in our communities. Change that needs to happen both now and in the future!
Let’s use this pause as a moment to think about what we can do to put action towards change.
Here’s how you can help globally and locally:
- Donate to the Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT – https://www.alsnswact.org.au/
- Attend a vigil in Sydney for Black Lives Matter and for Aboriginal deaths in custody in Australia – https://www.facebook.com/events/s/stop-all-black-deaths-in-custo/246881229969044/
- Educate yourself about Aboriginal deaths in custody in Australia
- Add your name to the Justice For George Floyd petition
- Donate to the Minnesota Freedom Fund to help post bail for protestors – https://minnesotafreedomfund.org/